"Aeshvaryam Yuva Manthan" Youth Festival 2018


We have three days 26th 27th and 28th October youth festival in our MK Bhavnagar University "Aeshvaryam Yuva Manthan" organized by Takshshila institute of science and commerce. So, this blog is a part of task activity given by our professor Dr.Dilip Barad sir in which we have to write on events which we were attended and try to interpret with various literary theories.


  Let us begin with the glimpse of the events which I have attended honestly:-


1) 1.  Mimicry


On 26 October I have seen several Mimicries by students from various colleges. There were total 13 Mimicries. Some of them are mind blowing. A true Mimicry must  includes multiple voices. How much a person was capable of copying multiple voices with different tones and moods. And i am one of them participator there are so much competition in youth festival and I was nervous but I performed well. This is my first time mimicry on the stage so good experience and remove that stage fear.



2)  Mono Acting:
                            Mono acting also wonderfully performed by artist. I have seen only three. Monologue is my favorite form in literatures. I like monologues of Dr. Faustus it is evergreen for me, which I have studied in my 1st part of master degree. All three acting somehow criticized patriarchal power and women humiliation in which I liked 3rd acting by my classmate. She performed the role of lady hawker in which she used countryside dialect superbly. In this acting she presented two types of role comic and emotional, audience have felt catharsis through this acting.




3) one act play :-
                 One act play takes 30 minutes to complete. But this 30 minutes shows all sort of things.  On 27oct. I have seen some one act play at ‘atal auditoriam’. I have see first play it was about love story. The play written by javerchand meghani.
    
          One act play is the major event in literary part of Youth Festivals. It is not pure drama, according to Aristotle, drama should have five acts but now a days dramatist not follow the Aristotelian concept of Drama. Now a days from one act play to five acts play all are the part of Drama. In the present Youth Festival many colleges came with unique concept. I have watched four one act play including our department of English one act play "સિક્કાની ત્રીજી બાજુ"(third side of a coin).



4) Skit: on 28th final day of youth festival I watched six skits related to different themes, this form of art is not easy task to perform because in 10 minutes artist have to present entire message of the skit through various scenes. Mostly, all skits presented in a satirical comic way. Colleges came with current issue of India like LGBT 377 verdict, Clean India, adultery, etc. Among all I liked "Baccho ki Najar se" and the skit on Swachh bharat because they satire society and people in comic way. So , it was good experience of watching skits.



Comments

Popular Posts